REZZ Talks Inspirations, Traveling, Upcoming Releases & More [Exclusive Interview]
Isabelle Rezazadeh aka REZZ, is a young DJ/Producer from Canada. In a very short time, she has made quite the name for herself and has gained recognition from Deadmau5, Skrillex, and more. We at FITA were able to sit down with her before Mysteryland USA to speak about her history, inspirations, goals, and much more in this exclusive interview.
1) What is the history of REZZ? Where did you get started, why the name REZZ?
-“Rezz” is short form of my last name “Rezazadeh”
2) How do you prepare and what get’s you most amped during your set?
-I prepare by choosing my favourite songs ever in my set. Seeing my fans in the crowd before I go on is definitely what gets me most amped.
3) What has been your favorite show to date? What’s the craziest party you’ve ever been to?
-I can’t even choose my favourite show at this point ! So many have been phenomenal, All the parties are crazy in their own way.
4) What are the Top 5 songs on your iPod/that you listen to everyday?
-I don’t listen to much music on my own time unless it’s my own music or on SoundCloud trying to find new music.
5) You have been getting booked fore bigger and bigger shows, so what is the furthest from home you’ve traveled for a show? What is your dream location to play?
-So far I’ve only played US and Canada but soon I’ll be traveling a lot further.
My dream location that I haven’t played yet is coachella, all of my other dream venues have pretty much been reached.
6) Your 4 track The Silence Is Deafening EP has quickly become extremely popular – was their a favorite track on the EP to produce?
-My favourite track to produce on my ep was probably “edge”
7) Who/what inspires you?
-Musically inspired by mau5, Bassnectar, etc. But I’m inspired by a lot of things outside from music. I love hypnosis & the idea of being hypnotized by music. I’m inspired by different art work and colours & feelings.. Its sort of hard to put in words. What’s in my brain inspires me.
8) If you could collab with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
-I’d love to collab with Bassnectar because I love everything about him and his music.
9) Do you prefer to make originals or remixes and why?
-I prefer making originals but remixes can be fun too.
10) What is the average day in the life of REZZ?
-Average day when I’m not touring is just me at home on my computer.
11) Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
-In 20 years probably making movie scores.
12) As many artists nowadays are branching out into many different subgenres, what are your plans regarding genre expanding?
-I plan to evolve and expand my sound but it will always be dark.
13) How do you feel about the growth of EDM? Where do you see it going?
-I’m happy to see how big dance music is. I think it’ll stay this way for years and years to come.
14) If you had to be motivational to aspiring producers in one sentence, what would you say?
-Focus on reaching your vision/goals & don’t let any obstacles get in your way.
15) If you could have any super power, what would it be?
-If I could have any super power it would be to heal.