Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong (The Rooftop Boys Remix) [Free Download]
The Rooftop Boys return after their chill house remix of Kanye West’s “Bound 2” with an equally catchy remix of the mega hit “Am I Wrong” from Nico & Vinz, which you can download for free. Also, folliwing in the footsteps of The Chainsmokers, The Rooftop Boys drop us off some random knowledge, which you can digest after the jump.
What they had to say:
– Originally, Nico & Vinz were named “Envy” but after “Am I Wrong” blew up internationally they changed their name to Nico & Vinz. We decided to do some snooping about other celebrity name changes. Here is what we found:
– Imagine Dragons was originally a Dungeon and Dragons cover band called Puff The Music Dragon. Once the major labels got involved, they informed the guys that due to copyright issues, “Puff the Music Dragon” could no longer be used. Heartbroken by the news, the band sat around trying to “imagine” a new name. Long story short, due to lack of creativity, they’re now Imagine Dragons.
– When David Guetta came to the USA in 1927, his family of hair stylists entered the gates of Elis Island. Unfortunately, at the immigration booth, no one in the Guetta family could speak english, except for little David. Here is where the story gets good. David’s real name is actually Shirley. Little David told the immigration officer, “I’m here for the American Dream! I want to eat, sleep, rave, repeat! I want to be a DJ!”. The guard looked at him and said, “Son. With your long hair, and unfortunate girly name, you have no chance at succeeding. They’ll eat you alive with that name. I’ll do you a favor. Your new name is David. Everybody likes David. Good luck with the career”
– Other Musicians who switched their name:
– Limp Bizket was originally Limp Penis (yikes)
– Miley Cirus was Miley Syphilis (ironic, right!?)
– Wendy Williams was Will Wendy (because she actually has a penis)
– Lady Gaga was Sir Gag Me (pretty obvious)
– Taylor Swift’s full name is Taylor “Pumpkin Spice Latte” Swift, but Starbucks pressed charges for defamation of character, and demanded she drop the pumpkin bit. They said she was too much of a white girl.